Monday, June 29, 2009

Already Another Simple Woman's Daybook

Hmm... I can't get the picture to paste...

For Today: June 29th, 2009.

Outside my window: The crickets are serenading me. :~)

I am thinking: I can't wait for the 4th! Going swimming with my favorite cousin at my aunt's house! :P Tehee.

I am thankful for: Cream soda! It's absolutely delicious!

I am wearing: A cute summer dress that I got at Walmart.

I am reading: Brian Jacques's Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. (I love pirate books!) (I have an older brother to thank for that...)

I am hoping: My foot will stop hurting! (Bee sting! See post below.)

I am creating: Mass chaos and widespread panic. *Giggles* I thought a baby blanket would sound boring...

I am hearing: The garbage disposal gurgling again. *Sigh* Yet another thing that needs fixing around the house.

Around the house: Asleep? I think... methinks they are at least all abed.

One of my favorite things: Countryside magazines!

What I accomplished since last week: Picking, shelling, and cooking a whole pot of purple hull peas and pole beans!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Going to swim with Madison on the 4th, and hopefully meeting my new little sister. Tehee, no, we don't have another child in the house. It's just me and my brother. Our church has some of the more committed high-schoolers "adopting" an 8th grader that is coming into high-school. We have to meet with them and tell them about our highschool ministry. 'Twill be fun. I've never had a little sib before!

Here is a picture I am sharing with you:

This was my SCRUMPTIOUS blueberry banana parfait that I made for an afternoon snack! I had no granola, so I substituted some yummy maple cereal. Being the chocoholic that I am, I just had to add the chocolate chips and chocolate syrup!
Here are some other pictures of it. (It was too pretty to pass up taking pictures of it!!)


1 comment:

  1. Hey, cousin buddy! =D
    Yeah, I can't wait until Friday either! 'Tis gonna be totally, rockin' awesome! =D Hopefully we can zoom around in the golf cart some too. ;-) And this time, my hand won't get almost frost-bitten! lol!
    Oooh! Pretty parfait. =) Looks like something I would eat for breakfast. =D lol
    Well, see ya tonight!

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete