Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baking failure...

Sooo... I decided to try my hand at baking last night.

Hehehehee...
Teheheee...
*Snicker*

Sigh... my thumb might be green, but it is absolutely lost in the kitchen. I suppose I'm not THAT bad... but I usually stick to box mixes and such. My brother had my camera at camp, or else I would have taken a picture of the monster I created. It. Was. HILARIOUS.

Really funny looking. I found the recipe on another blog, and thought, "Oh, look what an easy recipe! And I already have all the ingredients!" It's called a Dutch Baby. Which is weird... but anyhoooo...
I mixed it all together, and stuck it in the pan, which I stuck in the oven. I was surprised to see how high the edges rose. Very surprised. Aaaand then I took it out when the edges nearly touched the rack above. It was big. Lol. So anyways, I'm gonna stick to gardening for a while.

*Squeals* I just remembered something!
My daddy took me to Lowes this afternoon (He made me drive there and back in my brother's big ol' truck!!! EEEK!) and he got me 7 different herbs! We got: Rosemary, Oregano, Pinapple Sage (Smells JUST like pinapples!!), Bee Balm, Parsley, Dill, and Sweet Basil! I'll show some pictures in a day or three. (It's dark right now!)

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha, poor you. =P That happened to us once when we baked a blueberry coffee cake.
    Hey! You're not supposed to beat me in my herbs! =P lol Of course, we do have rosemary, oregano, parsley (TWO kinds... so HA =P), dill, and sweet basil. Just not pineapple sage or bee balm. But I think I'm going to get bee balm. =) Anyway, awesome herbs! =D

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison -
    Hehe :P I wasn't trying to! My dad wanted a few of those, and they didn't have regular sage, so I got Pinapple Sage! If I knew how, I'd give you cuttings of the herbs you don't have!

    Rachel -
    Well, my regular garden is pretty big. I just started my herb garden though. Overall I have: Three tomato plants (one cherry tomato), about 10 squash plants (Including about 4 or 5 tiny ones that I saved from being culled!), 4 pole bean plants on one pole, three rows of cow peas, 4 zucchini plants, 4 or 5 bell and banana pepper plants, a row of carrots, 12 watermelon plants (I didn't plant a single one of these, they just sprang up randomly in my garden from ONE plant that I had last year!!), and about 6 cucumber plants. Oh, and the herbs. It sounds like a lot, but it doesn't really look THAT big! :) I need to post some pictures of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Macy,
    Funny story! I love to cook and try new recipes, but my dad can't have eggs, yeast, or dairy products, so we have to substitute a lot. The recipes hardly ever turn out like the picture.

    for some reason I can't follow your blog. Hmmm...help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, that's funny. I don't know what the problem could be. Maybe there is a limit to how many blogs you can follow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What is your favorite vegetable?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... probably squash, ironically, since we have NONE this year. :( Fried squash is AMAZING. It tastes a lot like potato chips, only healthier. :) I also love the peas and beans!

    ReplyDelete