Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hope Chest

As you might have read on my cousin Madison's blog, we went yard-saleing today! It was a good morning. :) Before I write about today however, I must tell what I got yesterday for my hope chest! I got this precious set of a throw and pillows from Cracker Barrel's outdoor sale for $20. (And the cute/adorable/elegant little bird - it was $2 even on sale, but I HAD to get it!)





I didn't want to take the throw out of the case, but it matches the pillows. They were all 60% off, or else I wouldn't have dreamed of getting a set like that from Cracker Barrel. I looove Cracker Barrel, but everything is sooo expensive! (Like the *gorgeous* patriotic quilt I drooled over for 10 minutes that was $60 alone.)

Now for today's buys.

Firstly, I got this "set" of plates for... well, I can't remember how much it all came out to be, but I think they were under $10? None of my pictures are very good, because I was taking pictures of them in my lap in the car! :)



All the salad plates have different plants on them, and they all have names of herbs written in calligraphy on the edges.






(The purple flowers are my favorite!)


They are SO me, and I love them all! There were only three dinner plates, and one was badly chipped, so I only got two, and I plan to hang them up on a wall with salad plates in the middle. I got all 4 of the salad plates because they are so pretty and unique!

And lastly for today, the biggest and most important purchase...


...


...


...


AN ACTUAL CHEST!!



I've been saving stuff for my hope chest for a while, but until now, I've had no where to put it.
We got this wicker chest, that is huge, light, and in good condition, for $20. The chest was labeled at $25, and my mom only had a $20 bill with her, so we were praying that the man would take $20 for it. And of course, as God is so wonderful at doing, He allowed the man to very lenient, and even glad for our offer. He even helped us load it in our van! :) I am so happy, and God is so good!

I love the etching on the metal. I didn't notice it this morning.



5 comments:

  1. * gasp * Oh. My. Word. I am so jealous of you. =P Now I will become like Gollum, searching out your pillows and throw. =P "My precious! My precious!" lol! But they are *so* gorgeous! And I love the birdie. Cuteness!
    The plates are really pretty. =) I think y'all got it for like... $3-$5, for the stuff you got, at least. Originally though, it was $10. Y'all just got a good deal. =P
    Oh wow! I love the etching in the metal! That adds a lot to the chest. =) I still haven't convinced my mom to let me get one.... =P Well, maybe, just maybe, I'll get one eventually!
    Anyway, I'll ttyl!

    ~Cousin Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaaa... cousin, you brighten my day! I'm constantly ACTUALLY "lol" whenever I read anything you post! Thanks for being you! :~P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, thankee very muchly, cousin! =D Glad I to be able to do something! =P Hehe, well, I can't be much more than me... and nobody else is brave enough to try it! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankies Steph!

    ... BAHAHAHAaaa... wow Madison. You did it AGAIN! I had just been reading your private blog when I read your first comment here, and I had ALREADY been laughing at your amazing captions of the pictures of us, and then I died laughing again at your comment. And now you've gone and done it AGAIN! Stop making me laugh! :P

    ReplyDelete