Friday, June 26, 2009

My Garden!

Hey all! My computer has been having a little internet trouble for the past few days. I'm having to play catch-up on commenting and posting! (I also lost my camera for a few days...) :P

I'll hopefully do a post on all my knitting projects soon. I'll take pictures of my stash. It's been growing... and grooowing... and GROWING... I really need to stop buying yarn!
I'd love to hear your silly stash stories, those of you who knit, so be sure to comment on my next post!

So I'm FINALLY getting around to posting pictures of my garden! I've been meaning to do this for forever. So, here they are. (Now that my computer works and I've found my ever elusive camera!)

Watermelon climbing the fence

Teeny tiny watermelon. Just a little bigger than a pea.


Cucumber plant (No sign of any cukes yet though!)


Cow Peas! I'm really excited about these this year! We have a great crop, and there are NO YELLOWJACKETS!! Last year all the cow peas came in at different times, so that we'd only have a hand full of them ready for eating at one time. AND they were always COVERED with yellowjackets. I'm ALLERGIC and deathly afraid of yellowjackets.


This is what color they will become.



Here are some pole beans. There probably won't be enough to make a meal out of, so we'll just combine them with the cow peas!


Another shot of the pole beans. Next year I want to plant Sugar Snap Peas.


Sandy carrot leaves...


One of our weird, pitiful crook-necked squash. We usually have TONS and TONS of squash, but this year I've only picked two I think. The reason being, we had a nasty, rainy, wet week where several of the plants got powdery mildew. We've grown squash every year of my LIFE I think, and I don't ever remember having such a small crop of squash!


The hideous mildew...
(And maybe some dirt...)


One of our many bell peppers. (We have red, yellow and green.)

Banana pepper. My attempt at showing how big it was by using my thumb as a scale failed... my thumb is closer to the camera than the pepper, therefore, bigger.


Cherry tomatoes


A tall tomato plant (taller than I am...) (looks taller in real life.)



And a small tomato plant. (The size of my foot.)


Sideways watermelon plant and cucumber plant.


My precious pole beans! (I love them!)


My precious pole beans eaten by horrendous june bugs. I despise june bugs. The only organic way I know of to control them is to pick them off one by one. Or, shake them off into a jar. And let them die slowly and painfully. (Lol, not really. I hate to see ANYTHING suffer. EVEN june bugs. So I throw a couple of hydrogen proxide soaked cotton balls in with em' or fill the jar with water so the little buggers drown fast.)


And the adorable, semi-evil snail in my garden! I named him Dill. Isn't he cute?


And a picture for scale. Yes, that is my pinkie. :P Dill is small and cute. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the pictures!! =D Hooray! Pole beans! We had them for supper last night. =) They were sooo good! Oh, and by the way, you can plant sugar snap peas *this* year, because you grow those in the fall. =) I'm gonna grow some this year...
    I love Dill!! =D He is adorable! Of course, I never, ever, ever see snails... so I think all snails are cute. =P lol!
    Liked the pictures! They're rawesome! =D

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat pictures, Macy! :)

    God bless, dear sister, and I love your background by the way. :)

    Love in Him,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tehee cousin Lucinda, you are funny. :D

    Thank you Rachel! Good to hear from you. :)
    Blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete