Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lazy Summer

Hi all! I must apologize for not posting much these last few weeks. I've been having a rather lazy summer, so I've been a bit lax in things like blogging, music, and knitting. With school soon to resume, I'm beginning to work a bit harder in these areas. I keep telling myself that the reason I haven't been blogging is because I have nothing to blog about... but that's not true! I still have yet to post good pictures of my square foot garden, my knitting stash, and I hardly ever post about music! So, dear reader, I have my work cut out for me this week! I'll start with something easy however. Here's a Simple Woman's Daybook.




For Today: July 29th, 2009.

Outside my window: Hmm... I can't see outside... the blinds are closed! :) But I do know that it is all pretty and wet outside because it has just finished raining.

I am thinking: About how oatmeal is really hard to scrub off of things after it hardens. Yeah... don't ask. :)

I am thankful for: Rugs. :D

I am wearing: My pink and brown hat that says "Ireland", and my long-sleeved pink and brown bunny shirt (haha, yes I was trying to match!), and jeans.

I am reading: A fictional series by Karen Hancock called Legends of the Guardian King. The books are *hrm* a little more romantically inclined than I would like, but they are wonderful allegories.

I am hoping: That autumn will come soon.

I am creating: A baby blankey. :)

I am hearing: My brother Austin smacking while eating a PB&J while fiddling with his new Mac computer. (He's headed off to college in two weeks.)

Around the house: Mom's out counseling someone, daddy's at work, and Austin, as I just stated is eating a PB&J while on his Mac computer.

One of my favorite things: Rain... and being cold. :) I'm tired of summer and heat. I want fall to come so I can be chilly, and then go snuggle up in a blanket.

What I accomplished since last week: I finished a dragonfly dishcloth that I had been knitting, I started my Greek back, I've aaaalmost finished my biology study guide, and I tried out for my church's youth praise band. We actually have three youth bands, and I was chosen to play piano for the *worst* one. SIGH. I wanted them to use me as a fiddle player more than piano, and I DIDN'T want to be in the Sunday night band. But if that's where the Lord wants me... that's where I'll stay. *Lord, please give me patience and humility to bear being a band that I feel is a waste of my talent!!*

A few plans for the rest of the week: Our family is headed up to Athens and the mountains this weekend. Austin is going to UGA in two weeks, so we're going up there once again to check it out.

Here is the picture I am sharing with you:

This is my silly/handsome/gorgeous/nutty precious fluff named Jeremiah. I LOVES him to DEATH!!

8 comments:

  1. Jeremiah looks like a nice dog. :) Animals are such a comfort, aren't they?

    Love in Him,
    Rachel M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Macy, do you have a Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, this is my first visit to your blog. If you're wondering how I came across your blog, it was through the Southern Life and Perspective blog. If you'd like, stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pic of the dog! So cute! Are you going to do chorus this year?


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dog is just way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been awarded! Go to my blog for details. =)
    See you friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel M: Thanks he IS!! One of God's best creations dogs are... :)

    Rachel: Yup! I'll try to remember to look ya up. :)

    Elizabeth J: So nice to meet you! ;) I'm glad you dropped by! I'll be sure to check yours out.

    Sarah: Thankies! As you already know, yup I'm doing chorus! Hug me when ya see me! :) :)

    Sydney: Haha so I've heard.

    Stephanie: YAAAAY!!! I've never had an award before!! THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Macy, thanks for following my Modest Blends blog.

    ReplyDelete