Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hiya Yall

Hi everyone!
As some of you know, I'm Madison's cousin.
(from MyMusingsandThoughts)
This isn't my first try blogging, but hopefully I'll be able to keep a blog going this time! I won't be posting much this week, or next, as I'm not finished with school yet. Once I finish, I'm free to blog!
My blog is named Greenhorn Homestead because I'm just getting my feet wet with homesteading. I don't even have any chickens yet!! :) (I view chickens as the true initiation into homesteading.) Hopefully we will get some soon. I am a Christian homeschooler, and I do have a wonderful garden growing that I'm enjoying immensely, and today I've just begun my first batch of jam ever! (I didn't have enough blackberries to finish it... I just cooked and strained what I had, and I'm waiting for some more to ripen.) I hope to learn quilting from a neighbor of mine soon, and I already knit, crochet (sort of), and dabble with embroidery and sewing every now and then! Most importantly however, is, I want to learn!! I can't WAIT for summer so I can start learning! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey cousin buddy! =D
    Awesomeness new blog. =) I can't wait to see more posts!
    And I'd be glad to help ya with all the fixings on the blog. I've been doin' this for about a year now, so I guess I know the ropes on this stuff. =P
    Anyway, ttyl cousin!

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Macy! Glad your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Macy! I'll definitely be following along your blog, as I greatly admire girls who do all that homesteading time stuff. :) BTW, I found your blog through Maddie's.
    Esthe

    ReplyDelete