Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Done for the summer!

Finally! I'm finished with my piano and fiddle recitals and school!! Today (Thursday) I finished my Algebra, and I think that I brought my grade from a B+ up to an A! (It was the only subject that I didn't have an A in.) I had my fiddle recital on Sunday afternoon, and piano Monday evening. I'm sooo happy to say I did great in both! I wasn't nervous for my fiddle recital, as both my songs were so much fun, and I knew them both really well. The first was Star of the County Down, (my favorite "slow" song, as played in the chorus recital) and Stinky's Blues (which is a silly name, but truly, it is my favorite "fast" song).

The piano recital however, I was really nervous about. I was playing Rachmaninoff's Prelude in G Minor. I played it for my GMTA competition and did really well, but had stopped practicing it afterwards. This last month I had been scurrying to get it ready. Thankfully, all the hard work paid off! I had plenty of fingerslips, but the song is pretty fast, and very loud, so they weren't very noticable. At one spot in the middle I completely blanked, but I just kept pressing keys for maybe a measure, until I regained my place. My mum didn't notice, so I'm hoping no one else did! So I am finally, totally, completely, DONE!

5 comments:

  1. Thankies! I'm glad as well! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! =D Glad they went well!!
    I hope ya got a A in Algebra... because if ya didn't, you'll probably be telling me about it for the next month. =P lol!!
    ttyl!

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete